Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Constructive Criticism

I don't usually feel the need to accompany my poems with photographs or illustrations, but I wanted to share this shot, taken from my office window, of one of the more offensive sounding machines associated with the new construction taking place nearby.

I've had a relentless headache for a couple of days, and my massage therapist has his work cut out for him getting the effects of the noise this beast generates out of my shoulders and upper back.

And now, today's poem:

Constructive Criticism
All day it droned and chirped
beneath my window, producing
from time to time a shrill,
metallic grinding and sharp
reports like cracking bones
destined to become some giant's bread.

1 comment:

  1. When the Discovery building was under construction in Silver Spring, MD, I had an office that overlooked the site. All day long we had pile drivers, and then, at 2:30 every day for two weeks, they stopped all of the traffic and blasted. So disturbing.

    ReplyDelete