Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ada Lovelace Day: Celebrating Women in Technology

I can think of no more auspicious occasion to kick off my new blog than Ada Lovelace Day, a celebration of women in technology. A few weeks back, I made the following pledge: "I will publish a blog post on Tuesday 24th March about a woman in technology whom I admire but only if 1,000 other people will do the same," and today I'm keeping my promise.

I've chosen for the subject of this post my colleague and friend, Janet Galore.

In nearly all respects, Janet leads a less-than-ordinary life. Degreed and well-studied in pure and applied mathematics, Janet is an artist, illustrator, and author. She is also an adventurer, a collaborator and conspirator, an excellent co-worker, supervisor, and friend.

According to her own bio, Janet "currently works as a Program Manager on the Strategic Prototyping Team under Craig Mundie at Microsoft. The team develops prototypes and demos to tell credible stories about the future."

There's no one I'd rather have envisioning and shaping the future than Janet. In her hands, it will not only be better, it will also be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment